When people think of a Northern Wisconsin resort vacation, whether its
for a business conference, golf, a quiet fishing retreat, a place where
their creative talents can cultivate, or simply a family reunion filled
with sailing, skiing, and swimming, many turn to the natural serene world
of Dillmans Bay Resort in Lac du Flambeau.
Dillmans Art Workshop Retreat offers nationally known artist instructors
and special interest programs in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin - explore our 2021 art workshop schedule.
There are meeting rooms for self contained conference
retreats or creative art workshops. Classes are taught from May to
October in the fully equipped classrooms overlooking pristine White
If you have any questions,
give us a call at 715-588-3143, either Denny and Sue Robertson
or Todd and Stephanie Skotterud can help you. You can also email
us using our contact
Getting Inspired with Art Demos!
Get to know our 2021 instructors with free online demos that showcase their art and personal style. Starting in April 2020, to keep in touch with our artists during lockdown, the demos became a wonderful bright spot of inspiration in the current world situation. We hope you enjoy the chance to watch one of your favorite teachers or experience a new medium.
Schedule of Upcoming 2021 Demos
Times listed are Central and subject to change:
- Marva Harms - Watercolor - Date To Be Announced
- "My oil paintings are created in the purest method of Impressionism. Color is everything. It is used to model form, dictate temperature and achieve a richness to the big, simple shapes. My work is high-key, bright and expressive. Come... catch the LIGHT!" - Marva
- Norma Dycus Pennycuff - Cyanotype Fiber Arts - Date To Be Announced
You do not have to have a facebook account to watch past demos.
Our Most Recent Demos
Susan Kuznitsky - Pastel - WEDNESDAY August 11
- Susan will do a Pastel Painting Demo using hard and soft pastels on sanded paper. Watch as she starts with an alcohol wash and then build up gorgeous layers of color to capture the light. Learn what supplies she uses and how you can use this technique in your own paintings.
Dale Popovich - Watercolor
- This demonstration is based on a photograph I took last autumn driving down a dirt road not far from Dillman's in the Great Northwoods of Wisconsin. What I want to convey in this demonstration is do not to make yourself a slave to the photograph. Always remember you are painting a painting and not a photograph. Allow yourself a little freedom in your creative process. I will be showing you:
• How to build your painting from background to foreground.
• Painting large areas to small areas.
• Working light to dark.
• Working more intense color at the beginning, and slowly graying down your color as you bring the painting to finish.
- Download Dale's PDF showing the photo, sketch, materials and learning points...
We hope you're all staying well and healthy! These are different and constantly changing times and we are all adjusting accordingly. As per state mandate guests are required to be masked while in the lodge lobby, gift shop and laundry area. VACATION RENTERS / GUESTS - Please view our RESORT COVID-19 Update for the latest news.
Dillman's Days Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with how things are progressing at Dillman's with our weekly newsletter sharing our thoughts and an array of photos from the week here at the resort. Sign up here. Below are our recent newsletters:
- LATEST: December 31
- RECENT: December 16, December 5, October 29, October 14, October 4, September 26, September 18, September 9, September 3, August 26, August 19, August 11, August 5, July 29, July 21, July 14, July 6, June 30, June 24, June 16, June 8, June 1, May 25, May 18, May 11, May 4, April 28, April 20, April 14, and April 10.