Since 1934, family owned Dillman’s Bay Resort, in the beautiful Wisconsin Northwoods, has met the vacationing public’s changing needs in a classic vacation paradise. Dillman’s offers the ever popular family vacation amenities such as, a full marina for a variety of water sports, tennis courts, children’s playground, four beaches, picnic grounds, nearby golf and plenty of space to relax. To provide more vacation options, Dillman’s Creative Arts Foundation (DCAF), a non-profit organization, was formed in 1978.
Come and enjoy a creative vacation
Workshops vary in length and cost from 3- to 5-days. They start at $70 per day and average $625 per five days. All of Dillman’s accommodations have cooking facilities for meal preparation. Your resident fee includes a welcome reception, dinner to meet all of the artists in residence, and a midday farewell Champagne celebration of your accomplishments. Box lunches will again be available, by a caterer, each day at the Sand Bar for an additional charge. Newly added options can be ordered for dinner so students can focus on their work without having to travel for dinner. Dillman’s staff will also help to organize several “DINE AROUND” dinner options and carpooling to sample some of the local cuisine at some of our excellent local restaurants.
A five night workshop package fee, Sunday – Friday, consists of:
- One dinner, welcome reception and farewell toast
- Cozy lakeside cabins, contemporary motel units
- Instructor tuition fees, model fees where required
- Excellent 24 hour studio time
- Use of the resort’s recreational facilities and a free pontoon ride
- Rhinelander airport shuttle service for a fee
- Shorter workshop packages vary slightly. Please refer to individual class itineraries for specifics.
Non-workshop participants (PALS) are encouraged to enjoy the full resort amenities, while the student studies, for $45 per night for accommodations. Meals are additional. Children under 12 are half rate. There are also day student rates and partial, need-based, tuition scholarships available.
Please call 715-588-3143 or email if you have any questions or would like request our resort color brochure.
To sign up for a class, please call or you may download and mail/scan our "Workshop Interest Form." (Filling out the form does not guarantee your space in the workshop. Once Dillman's receives the form we will be in touch with you to confirm your space.)
2022 COVID Precautions
For the 2022 season, but all artists should be prepared to abide by the following measures while attending workshops, with the understanding that protocols may change.
- Participants must fill out a quick health questionnaire to make sure they do not exhibit any symptoms.
- Masks are required to be worn while in classrooms and shared spaces.
- Participants must also wash hands or use hand sanitizer at the beginning of each class and often during class sessions.
- Participants are required to stay 6 feet apart for social distancing protocols.
A floor plan per each of our three studios has been created to ensure that the artist tables and lecture area will allow people to socially distance themselves a minimum of 3 feet. In lieu of crowding around the artist during demos, a desktop camera system and large format digital TV screens have been installed in each of the studios to allow students a close up view of demos.