Accommodation Deposit & Cancellation Policy
Reservations will be held for two weeks without deposit. A deposit of $100 for 1 and 2 night stays; $300 for 3 and 4 night stays; or $500 for 5 or more nights. Deposits will be applied to the last day of your confirmed reservation.
For units 2 bedrooms, or less, a full refund will be made minus a $50 service charge for cancellations received at least two weeks prior to vacation. For units 3 bedrooms, or more, a full refund will be made minus a $100 service charge for cancellations received at least two weeks prior to vacation.
Cancellations within 2 weeks of your arrival, your deposit is non-refundable, regardless of the size and length of stay. In the event of an early departure the entire rate will be charged.
Check-in after 3 PM. Check-out before 10 AM.
ADDITIONAL GUESTS above the number in the “Rate Based On” cost $30 per night / $210 per week for guests age 3 and above. No cost for 2 and younger. Cribs and roll-a-ways are available.
PREFERRED METHOD OF PAYMENT is personal check or cash. We do accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
Workshop Cancellation Policy
For cancellations received six weeks prior to class, a full refund will be made minus a $75 service charge. Within 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the scheduled start date of the workshop there is NO refund. Dillman’s and the instructors make the decision, based on enrollment, to hold workshops six weeks before the scheduled date. We always feel badly when a personal emergency arises after this time period. However, we must strictly adhere to this policy. Refunds will not be issued for classes missed due to illness, emergencies or events beyond our control. No-shows will not receive a refund, regardless of the circumstances. If you drop out of a class once it has started, you will not receive a refund. We reserve the right to cancel any workshop, in which case we will make a full refund. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Dillman’s has always welcomed pets... just as all our guests are welcomed by our Golden Retrievers as they enter the grounds.
2023 =There is a $20 per night, per pet charge.
We welcome dogs on the Dillman’s peninsula. There are a few things that we hope you will help us with, so that everyone at the resort has a wonderful vacation.
- Please pick up after your pets. There are poop bags located at the shuffleboard courts. Please use them and then discard it in the garbage cans outside of your unit.
- Do not leave your pet unattended in the unit. It is hard to hear the call of the loon over the barking of the dog.
- Do not allow dogs to sleep on the bed, chairs or couches. If your dog leaves hair on the bed spreads, chairs, couches there will be an extra charge for cleaning. It does take us extra time upon your departure to remove the dog hair, so the next guests have a clean unit. You will be billed an additional $25 per hour for cleaning if there is excessive dog hair/dog related clean up.
- If your pet damages the room or other resort property, the charges will be billed to your room. Please let us know if there are any mishaps. We will try repairs (we are pretty good at them) before adding the cost to your bill.
- Please have control of your dog at all time – either by leash or by command.
- When at the beach, if there are other guests (children or adults), please have control of your dog, or find a beach that doesn’t have others swimming and playing at it. Some people are afraid of dogs, and we want everyone to have a nice experience.
Thank you for your help and cooperation.
* Bayview Lodge, Cabin 5, Cabin 6, Cabin 9A/9B, Cabin 11, Northern Lights Cabin do not allow cats. Northern Lights Cabin is the only cabin that does not allow dogs.
Receive an additional 10% OFF all pet products at the Trips with Pets online store by using the special coupon code "DILLMAN".
Fire Safety & Firewood
Firewood comes from trees. Trees are a natural resource. Please use this resource wisely. Some of the wood is from trees we have had to take down on our own property and some is purchased locally.
Dillman’s offers complimentary firewood. Nearly all other resorts in our area charge their guests for firewood (at the price of around $.50-$.75 per piece of wood).
We encourage you to enjoy a bonfire – we know it is part of the Northwoods experience.
We ask you to follow some important fire safety rules:
- Please be aware that you are on a heavily wooded peninsula. Check the forecast. Very dry and/or windy conditions can be very dangerous and rapidly spread sparks – leading to an uncontained fire.
- DO NOT build large fires. We know people often love a large fire – but it consumes more wood and is harder to contain. The recommended fire is no larger than 2’ x 2’ x 2’.
- DO NOT allow kids and pets to play or stand too close to a fire.
- DO NOT leave the fire unattended. Please do not put new wood on a fire and then leave the fire - again it is not safe and it is wasteful as no one is enjoying the burning wood.
- When you are the last person at the fire, PLEASE PLEASE extinguish the fire with water. Coals that are not cooled or extinguished can remain hot and capable of igniting for up to 24 hours. DO NOT take partially burned wood out of the fire rings. Dillman’s staff will happily help remove/clean out fire rings.
Over the years, we have had 2 main lodge, total loss fires, here at Dillman’s. And as recently as July 2019 we had a very scary situation where guests removed smoldering logs into the woods and started an uncontrolled fire between two buildings.
In addition to offering the complimentary wood – Dillman’s also tries to be stewards of our environment. Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is an invasive wood-boring beetle that attacks all species of ash trees. Moving firewood to and from areas infested with EAB is a large concern. EAB moves into new areas when humans carry it there – usually on firewood. The WI Dept of Natural Resources recommends “burn it where you buy it”, in other words do NOT haul firewood around the state. Dillman’s takes our beautiful environment and woods very seriously. This is yet another reason we provide the wood. Please do not take our wood off our resort property.
We SINCERELY appreciate your help. Please take time to share this information with your entire group and help to educate your children about the importance of trees, wood, firewood and fire safety.