Art Workshop Retreat
UPDATED COVID-19 POLICIES FOR JUNE 2020 WORKSHOPS
We are taking the pandemic very seriously and the safety of our guests and staff is of utmost priority. As a result, here are some of the protocols we are implementing this June:
- Only one workshop will be conducted each week
- Limited number of students in studios to abide by social distancing guidelines
- 9 students and one instructor in Studio 1
- 6 students in Studio 2
- All work tables (8’ x 2.5’) will be set up at least six feet apart.
- Daily demos will not be offered in a group gathering setting. Instructors will work with each student individually while maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- Sanitizing spray and wipes will be available in each studio,
- Studios will be sanitized before and after teaching hours, each day.
- A custom-made cotton fabric facemask, individual bottle of hand sanitizer, and vinyl gloves will be provided to each student.
- There will not be open coffee service offered in the studios. Coffee drinkers are encouraged to bring their own thermos and brew coffee in their cabins. We will supply coffee grounds, creamers, sugars and paper cups.
- Social distancing must be adhered to while in the main lodge and on the grounds.
- In person reception will be changed to in room welcome snacks and bar order.
- Welcome dinner reception will be offered as a la carte. Orders must be placed in advance of arrival date. (Dinner option has been deducted from the aforementioned fees and will be invoiced separately based on selection.)
- Boxed lunches will be offered each day and delivered to each student individually.
- Dinners will need to be arranged by each individual. We encourage everyone to bring in their own food however, shopping, gas and restaurant options are available in the local Minocqua and Woodruff areas.
- Our standard off-site ventures such as gallery tours and pontoon rides will not be offered.
April 10, 2020 - This page will be updated with relevant information for our art sutdents.
We hope that you are all doing well, and staying healthy and sane during these unsettling and topsy turvy times. We know that we are all dealing with the current pandemic to varying degrees of severity and stress, and we want you to know that you are all in our thoughts as your safety and wellbeing is of the utmost concern to us. You are part of our family.
As of April 10, in response to the current COVID-19 guidelines, we have re-scheduled our May 2020 workshops for the same time in 2021. Our June 2020 workshops are still on schedule, and we will keep you updated if anything changes and if we find ourselves having to postpone those as well. Fingers crossed that we get to the other side of this soon, for everyone’s sake around the globe.
It is especially important right now, as we find ourselves sheltering-in-place and safer at home, to find positive and motivating routines. We understand this is often easier said than done, as some days the energy is lacking, so go easy on yourselves.
The social gathering and coming together of likeminded artists is one of the most special parts of the Dillman’s Workshop experience, and while we cannot facilitate that at this exact time, we will still keep you close in our hearts and inspired as always.
We are currently posting virtual live demos with some of our instructors, check here for upcoming and past demos!
As an additional way to keep you motivated and inspired while staying connected to Dillman’s, we will be sending you weekly emails with updates and images from our resort, past and present. We encourage you to use these images as inspiration from which to paint, draw, sketch, collage, anything you can imagine.
We will be back together soon, and in the meantime keep creating and making the world a better place for all to enjoy in the years ahead!
Sue, Denny, Steph, Todd, Scott and James